Monday, November 15, 2010

Telephone!

Have you ever been self-conscious about talking on the phone in front of people?
I am! 

If at all possible, I will find a secluded corner somewhere and talk so quietly into my phone that the person on the other end of the line can barely hear me. 

On some occasions, this is impossible. 

Of course, it's when you have something really awkward to say. Or something to say that sounds REALLY awkward out of context.

 For example:
"Mr. Ed says we need to change the angle of attack to 30 degrees." 

What people think of: 

Mr. Ed: the horse

Change the angle of attack to 30 degrees: Attack from above with awesome ninja moves!



In actuality, Mr. Ed is an Aeronautical Engineer who is helping my and a nerdy cohort build a rubber-band powered helicopter. The angle of attack is in reference to the steepness of the blades on the propeller.

 But if  you say "Mr. Ed wants us to change the angle of attack to 30 degrees " as your entire math class is filing by you while you stand in the hallway talking on your cell phone, you'll get some pretty weird looks. 

My Math class probably thinks that I am a secret ninja working for a talking horse now.. How awesome is that?






2 comments:

  1. So like, do they think that I'm a secret ninja working for a talking horse too!

    ReplyDelete