Friday, September 24, 2010

Depressing Thoughts

I worked on my physics project with my lab group yesterday when my Professor walked in.

Professor:  “When you finish this experiment, I think that we should set up an experiment when you depress a wall.”

Instantly, I start thinking about a depressed wall.


What would you have to make a wall sad? Tell it about your problems? 

Throw pink bricks at it?


 Verbally abuse it?

My professor continued: “We will try this experiment on several types of walls, Brick walls, drywall, concrete.

My weird brain continued: “ Do the different types of walls have different personalities? 
Ghetto Brick Wall 
Chinese Wall
Those brick  retaining walls have anger issues that they take out on you. Right? Like when you go for a walk and trip over a wall that you didn't see a second ago.
 Although my professor wanted me to think about how to calculate the spring constant of a wall, his comments made me think of depression in walls as a serious issue.  Next time I see a wall that looks sad and depressed, I'm going to go over and cheer it up. 



2 comments:

  1. I loved this post, mainly because I played Snout in a production of Midsummer Night's Dream, who plays the Wall in Pyramus and Thisbe.

    ReplyDelete