Sunday, November 7, 2010

Phone Number


Once upon a time, I went grocery shopping with my mom.


While we were shopping I played with my mp3 player in my coat pocket. When we got to the checkout line I realized that it was no longer in my pocket.

 I walked around the ENTIRE store while my Mom got her groceries checked out.
Alas,  I did not have the moment of pure joy that I had anticipated upon the event of finding my mp3 player. I was one sad duckling. The prospect of having to live in music-less world was enough to make me despair!


I shuffled back to my Mom, who had finished paying for her groceries and was waiting at the front of the store with the bag boy. She informed me to go to the manager, give him a description of my mp3 player and my phone number and ask him to call me if he found anything. 
I walked away, just in time to hear the bag boy mutter to my mom: 

"Do you think that she'd give ME her number? " 

My Mom just laughed, but I was careful to stand far away from the bag boy as he carried the groceries out to our car. 



Halfway home, I noticed a weird lump in my coat. 
My MP3 player!!!!! 

It had fallen into the lining of my coat from a tiny hole in my pocket that I hadn't noticed. 
I was rescued from a future of music-less gloom!!!
And then I realized...


My Phone number was still in a drawer at the grocery store where the bag-boy had access to it. But hey, I was still safe from a future of music-less gloom!!! 



2 comments: