Thursday, December 2, 2010

Yes, Gucci

My Physics professor unexpectedly developed a sense of humor during Monday's class.

Sure, he's made jokes in class before, They just usually had to do with someone running into a wall.

Tuesday afternoon, my class was scheduled to present our project reports for the Physics staff at my university.
I asked my Professor what we were supposed to wear. He thought about it for a moment, and said: "Gucci"
Yeah, my thoughts exactly.

One of my classmates spoke up to clarify. "So you mean business casual?"

"Gucci"

Half of my class took this as sarcasm. The other half, including myself, took this to mean that we needed to dress up.

I arrived a little early Tuesday afternoon, and ran into my physics professor. He muffled a snort, and then started laughing. "I was joking, you know."

There's nothing to break the ice before your first presentation like your Professor telling you that you're wearing the wrong thing.

Fortunately, half of my class was dressed up along with me, so the people who showed up in jeans looked under-dressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment