Saturday, September 25, 2010

Quoteable People

Let's face it. People are hilarious, usually when they're most serious about something.


For instance: I was over at a friends house (my second home) yesterday around lunchtime.
Andrea: "People think that smoking is addictive. They should try this turkey!"
15 minutes later.......


Andrea: The addicting turkey is no more. I ate it!

At least no one else need fear turkey addiction! Thanks for eating it all Andrea!

I have another friend, who wishes to be known only as MtnDew. He works at a Library.
People come in and ask him highly intelligent, deep philosophical questions.


Apparently, this happens several times a day. Sometimes I begin to lose faith in the human race.

I went to a local Hoppy Loppy this week for the first time. It was HUGE.

I must've wandered around the store for 5 minutes before seeing any sign of human life in there. I found a sales associate and latched onto her and began babbling about my desire to find balsa wood.
She looked at me like I was crazy.

When I had finished my daring foray into Hoppy Loppy, I took my balsa wood to the checkout stand to pay. 
The guy checking me out noticed how hard I was gripping my hard sought balsa wood.

"First time in Hoppy Loppy?"
I nodded, ready to finish my purchase and get out of the store.

"It's okay. Looks like you had a pretty minor reaction. You should see the guys that come in here for the first time. They go kinda....crazy."
After paid for my balsa wood and walked to my car I made a silent vow to myself never to go into Hoppy Loppy again without reinforcements.

No comments:

Post a Comment