Sunday, September 26, 2010

Fashion Advice

Last week I bought a new shirt.

I liked it, but was shopping alone with no one to critique it. It is one of those weird girl traditions to have get someone's feedback before wearing an outfit out in public. I was resolved to wear it to a class I was attending a mere three hours later. No problem, right?


WRONG!

I had forgotten that my Mom wouldn't be at home that afternoon, so I resolved to call my best gal-friend on a video chat to get her advice.

 I called, only to find JT on the line.

Don't get me wrong, but I have seen JT model an innertube over swim trunks before. He was hardly one from whom I would want advice on fashion.

While he gave positive feedback, I wanted a second opinion. I went to “That Place” where my Mom works. All of the awesome ladies that work there gushed about how much they liked my shirt. 

My Mom saw it and said only: 


That was why I liked the shirt in the first place. 
The only person whose opinions I had sought on my shirt was the only one who didn't really like it. That's Irony for you.

P.S. Do you know what Irony is? It's the opposite of wrinkly!

No comments:

Post a Comment