Saturday, October 16, 2010

Superglue

Superglue is pretty awesome stuff.
It can stick ANYTHING to anything else. So what happens when you spill a whole bottle on your hand?

Pain... and stickiness.

If you haven't guessed already, I spilled half a bottle of superglu  on my hands today. (For those of you who wonder how on earth I did that, it was one of those bottles that uses a brush, instead of a squeezing - thingy. )
My first thought was "Oh no! I'd better take my ring off!". Which I did.

I pulled my ring halfway up my finger before the superglue completely activated.
In my efforts to save my ring, I ended up cutting off the circulation to my finger.

Lots of  good a ring would do me  if I had no finger to put it on!

A quick jaunt around the house showed that my Mom was asleep and my Dad was out. I was afraid of losing my finger when I remembered that Nic, a local kid who helps us out with our yard work was there.

I ran outside.
"Nic! Can you help me for a minute?"

I told him what had happened. He laughed.
"How do you spill a whole bottle of superglue on your hand?"

"Acidentally!"
 I showed him my ring. He tried to restrain his laughter.

He ends up holding my ring with two hands and pulling one way while I pulled the other. Just like in one of those old slapstick- comedy movies.


It took us about 5 minutes to get it off. We suceeded.

My ring and my finger are safe .


3 comments:

  1. I really want to see the damage done to the ring...Pretty please?

    ReplyDelete
  2. still like the fact that it was a "purity ring" that was superglued on and "nic"removed it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I dont appreciate your humor, and I doubt the poster does either.

    ReplyDelete