Saturday, October 2, 2010

Sparks Fly

Ever had someone jump out from behind a door and scare you? This happened to me today, on an epic scale.

My Dad and I went on a car trip.
I have a fancy nerd-gadget that I can plug into the car outlet and play my mp3 player over the radio with. I plugged it in, and it didn't turn on.

Inanimate objects sometimes seem to have a vendetta against me.

Sometimes it just seems that things go out of their way to annoy me This gadget was no exception, or so I thought. 
I pulled out the gadget, and peeked into the outlet. 
Lo and behold, the obnoxious penny had made it's way into my dad's car!!!
Speeding down the highway at 80 mph, what else did I decide to do but remove the offending penny. 
I couldn't let it destroy another day for me! I grabbed a pen out of my purse and started poking the penny, trying to make it flip up onto it's side so I could pull it out. 

I don't know about you, but I'm paranoid about getting electrocuted when I stick things into an outlet of any kind.
I finally got the penny flipped onto it's side. I held my breath as I stuck my fingers into a live outlet to remove it. 


What does my Dad do? Swerve into the other lane and start screaming. I jumped, and surely had my lifespan shortened by ten years. I'm sure my face was priceless.

 But, the penny came out, and the day was saved. We got to go down the highway listening to really cool music. I got to throw that penny away at the next random gas station.
Still it lies in wait.
I beg of you, especially to any of you who frequent a gas station in the backwoods: This penny gave me one terrible day and took ten years away from my life. It might look harmless.......
but it will HAUNT you forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment